Lost In Limoges

From the sheep-dotted pastures of France's underpopulated Southwest, Limoges rises in all its grey glory. The city's claim to fame: fine porcelain. The half-timbered houses of the Medieval center are surrounded by strip malls and McDo. Land-hungry Brits descend with flailing pocketbooks (thanks, RyanAir). The weather is remarkably cool year-round. Sure, I live on rue de Nice, but this is NOT the Cote d'Azur. Welcome to Limoges, "the middle of nowhere"-- or as Pierre says "everywhere"-- France.

Monday, July 31, 2006

I Have (My First) Friends in Limoges!!!

They are passionate about classic American cinema. They love to travel to exotic spots like Kerala, India and the Algerian desert. They served my favorite kind of meal: salad with parmesan and toasted pine nuts, and salmon with chick peas. And... they read Le Monde Diplomatique. (What's not to love?) Vincent and Marielle invited us for dinner on Saturday night (thank God, I am getting seriously stir-crazy bonding with my laptop all day) and I think I'm in love.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really happy for you !! How did you meet them ? !

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Pierre said…

    At the Nasa

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nasa ?? What's that ??? !!

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger MWN said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger MWN said…

    Pierre forgot to include the capitalized letters in NASA.
    (but does he mean the US space program? or could he mean a particular agency of the French Administration? hmmmm....)

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Pierre said…

    Nasa = fast way to decribe my office in american

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    New french friends!!! Good four you!
    I love your blog!
    So sad to be far from you, I can't be one of your every-day friends...well, I guess I'm your only friend in Martinique... ( even if Martinique belongs to France...)
    Marianne

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger MWN said…

    Marianne, I miss you and wish I had your company in France! You are the best kind of French friend. Though I would LOVE to come visit your beautiful self in Martinique. How long will you be there?! much love, xo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home